Making a gift to Community Hospice in memory or honor of loved ones creates a lasting tribute to their legacy, while also ensuring that Community Hospice care remains available to everyone in our community. Dollars raised through dedicatory gifts to Community Hospice Foundation support patient care, programs and services of Community Hospice.
A variety of opportunities enable families to memorialize a loved one through gifts that also show their appreciation for Community Hospice care:
- Create a lasting memorial.
- Request gifts in lieu of flowers in obituaries.
- Make estate gifts to Community Hospice through planned giving.
- Support Community Hospice Thrift Shop
Memorial Giving Opportunities:
Celebration of Life Memorial Walkway
Features a limited number of red and gray bricks that form a path weaving through the gardens of the Charles M. Neviaser Educational Institute on the Earl B. Hadlow Center for Caring campus of Community Hospice on Sunbeam Road in Jacksonville. This tribute is available for gifts of $250-$500. Bricks are engraved with your personal message in memory of loved ones or in honor of family or friends.
Care Center Memorial Walls
Donors receive the Guardians of Care benefits as well as a Permanent Tribute Plaque on the memorial wall of the care center of your choice for gifts beginning at $2,500 through $10,000.
Garden and Walkway Benches
Donors receive the Guardians of Care benefits as well as a Permanent Tribute Plaque on a beautiful metal park-style bench at one of our free-standing care centers for gifts starting at $15,000.
Garden Sculptural Wind Chime
Donors receive the Guardians of Care benefits as well as a Permanent Tribute Plaque on an exquisite metal sculpture at the care center of your choice for gifts beginning at $10,000 through $25,000.
Offices and Patient Bedrooms
Donors may dedicate a space, such as a staff office or patient bedroom, at the care center of your choice for gifts beginning at $25,000 for offices and beginning at $100,000 for patient bedrooms and other family areas.
- Guardians of Care Donors who make annual cumulative gifts of $1,000 or more receive annual listing in our Compassionate Guide newsletter as well as on the donor recognition wall in the Earl B. Hadlow Center for Caring. These gifts may be listed with memorial tributes.
- Endowed Funds Donors may dedicate a named endowment fund for gifts beginning at $250,000 for designated programs or unrestricted patient care.
For details, please contact Community Hospice Foundation at 904.886.3883.
“My parents used to tell me that God made the wind jingle the chimes in our garden as a reminder to appreciate the beauty of the natural world around us. We decided to dedicate the wind chimes as a way to remember them and also show our appreciation for the care provided by Community Hospice staff"