Medical Supplies and Durable Medical Equipment
Community Hospice provides patients with medical supplies and durable medical equipment (DME) necessary for their care. Our own dedicated, trained staff of DME technicians has a caring, gentle approach to delivering equipment during this sensitive time.
The DME provided is based on the individualized plan of care, and may include:
- Hospital beds
- Specialty mattresses
- Oxygen concentrators
- Portable oxygen
- Wheelchairs and walkers
- Over-bed tables
- Bedside commodes
- Shower chairs
- A wide variety of other specialty equipment
When you are taking pain medication, please remember:
- Follow the physician’s orders and take your medicine as directed.
- If needed, “breakthrough” pain medicine will be ordered, to be taken in addition to your regularly scheduled doses of pain medicine (ask your nurse to further explain this).
- Monitor your supply of pain medicine, and promptly let your nurse know when you need more.
- Call the 24/7 Patient Priority Line, 904.407.7300, immediately to speak to a nurse to report any new problems, pain that is not relieved, or if side effects like vomiting, nausea, rash, dry mouth, constipation or increased sleepiness occur. Please have your Patient Security Code available.
- While taking strong pain medication, you may experience constipation, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting or itching. Your team nurse will assist you to make you as comfortable as possible.
It is important to call to see how the pain can be relieved. Our specially trained nurses and physicians will work together to ease this discomfort.
Patient/Caregiver Pain Education Tool